Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How to make my HIDs work with the low beam switch instead of only w/the high beam as they did once installed?

I just installed my HID kit on my 1995 Dodge Neon with a 9007 socket and a single bulb for both low and high beams. The kit is a LOW BEAM ONLY not a bi-xenon kit and came with the usual equipment(ballasts, bulbs etc), but it was not quite a plug and play kit, because the cable that goes directly to the car's harness came split in two, a red and a black. However, it did have an adapter that fitted directly into the car's harness 9007 socket and all I had to do is place the cables so that they would match red and black with my car's harness although the car's harness also has a black & purple cable which I ignored. Question being is the fact that I turned on my lights but the HIDs would not work. It wasn't until I turned my high beams on that they worked and that's how they've stayed. I want them to turn on as soon as I hit the switch of my low beams. Can you please provide a detailed way around this? I've read about something related to the wiring of the car. I am not an expert on this wiring stuff so if you please can provide a guide on how to do it or a quick fix, I will highly appreciate it! Thanks in advanced!

No comments:

Post a Comment