Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Can someone identify this Winchester .22 Long rifle?

I recently inherited a Winchester .22 Long rifle from my grandfather when he passed away. I have been trying to look for information on the gun online to see if there's anything I need to know before I shoot it. But I can't find the gun anywhere! I know it is Winchester because it is branded as such on the barrel. I also know it is .22 long because it is designated as such below the Winchester stamp. But I am unsure of the model. The gun is quite old (I don't know manufacture date but it's been around for decades) and I don't think it's made anymore. The gun has a loading mechanism where rounds are inserted into a tube that leads up to the chamber. A spring loaded pole must be unscrewed and puled out to expose a cartridge shaped hole on the bottom of the tube (which is below the barrel) to load rounds. The gun has a pump action that also cocks a fully functioning hammer (a possible substitute?) It's fairly easy to field strip as one tool-less screw needs to be undone to open the chamber. Can anyone enlighten me as to the model number of this gun as I'm looking forward to learning more about it and taking it out to shoot. If I get the chance I will upload photos to provide added clarity. Any help is much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment