Monday, July 18, 2011

Do babies who never got any breast milk risk major ear problems?

My nephew's parents just found out he'll need tubes in his ears soon. He's been getting constant ear infections and he's only a year old. My sister in law didn't even attempt to breast feed (which bothers me since I was set on it and then wasn't able to). Could this be why he is having problems? My husband also never received breast milk and has similar issues, as well as at least 2-3 children/adults I know. Though I could not breast feed, I pumped for 2 months until my milk dried up. Would the milk my daughter got keep her from having so many ear infections and tubes in her ears? I mainly ask because I was worried these problems were hereditary until I noticed everyone I knew with these issues never got one drop of breast milk..

No comments:

Post a Comment